James first arrived in Santa Fe in 1971 to guide and supervise the youth at Brush Ranch Camps, a journey which resulted in him becoming the longest employed staff member with 16 summers and 28 years total. He decided to make the Land of Enchantment home a few years later and has been an active member of the community ever since. The list of affiliations James has been or is involved with over the years is sizable, showing his devotion to serving. A few of note are:
- President of the Pecos Valley Medical Center Board of Directors
- Founder of the La Cueva Walkabout, a time-out program for young adults
- Board member of the Upper Pecos Watershed Association
- Santa Fe Association of Realtors Grievance Committee
- Santa Fe Association of Realtors Forms Committee
James joined the real estate profession in 1998 and has been the top listing & selling broker in Glorieta and Pecos, a multi-million dollar producer year after year, and has closed over 556 deals with total sales in excess of $105,000,000.
He built his own dream home on five acres in La Cueva Canyon with the help of local talent. The property consists of a solar adobe home, custom log cabin sauna, and art studio surrounded by gardens and fruit orchards . An avid gardener, James enjoys the country lifestyle with his two sons John and Andrew. James is passionate about using his personal and professional experience to benefit others to achieve their own property dreams.